- Must be full-time graduating student who will be registering in a graduate program in the Faculty of Arts and Science. Minimum graduating GPA for consideration is 3.3.
- Applicants must also demonstrate contributions to both the University and the community outside of the University. Specifically, the selection committee will place equal importance on:
o The candidate’s dedication to enhancing the student experience of their peers through involvement in and contribution to a variety of aspects of university life
o The candidate’s commitment to community outreach and involvement, as demonstrated by extracurricular activities outside of the University.
- Financial need will be considered; must demonstrate financial need by qualifying for OSAP for the fall-winter sessions in which the application is made.
- Please note: international students are not eligible.
- Award will be paid upon registration in a graduate program in the Faculty of Arts and Science in the following fall-winter session.
Applications are composed of 6 parts that must be submitted together. Please ensure applications are complete upon submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must include applicant’s student number and current mailing address.
- Application Summary Form
- A one to two-page statement on your future academic and career goals.
- Curriculum vitae outlining academic achievements, scholarships and awards received, work experience, and extracurricular involvement. Extracurricular experience should be clearly separated into two categories: inside and outside the University
- Letter of support from a University of Toronto faculty member (must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the application).
- Letter of support from an administrative staff member (e.g. college registrar’s office staff, undergraduate admimistrator), or alumni who can verify your campus involvement (must be submitted in a sealed envelope with the application).
- Copy of the applicant’s OSAP assessment.
Submit applications to:
Faculty of Arts and Science Student Awards Committee
c/o Lanor Mallon, Manager, Faculty Governance and Curriculum
Sidney Smith Hall, Room 1006
Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G3
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 p.m. – Late submissions will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified of the decision by mail by end of April.